IVF > Jobs & Resumes > Resumes
|Ahmed Nasr Ibrahim. BSc. MSc.|
Write to Ahmed
Tell a Friend
Page Views: 1196
12 November 2012
20 February 2014
08 May 2014
||Ahmed Nasr Ibrahim. BSc. MSc.|
||Senior Clinical Embryologist|
|Willing to be incomparable and unique in the field of Embryology, where I am sure given the opportunity to augment my skills and learn new ones in addition to my close attention to detail, I could work efficiently and professionally in any challenging fast paced environment.|
With more than 5 years of experience in Embryology & IVF and by completing my Masters degree in Clinical Embryology from the University of Leeds, UK, today I am performing an average of 200 ICSI cycles/ month on daily basis and reporting directly to the General Manager of Madina Fertility Center where I have gained most of my experience. I have gained extensive knowledge being one of the first embryologists to use the IMSI procedure in Alexandria & Egypt. Moreover, I managed the design, set up, and staff training of two satellite labs in Egypt.
I am proficient at performing a full ICSI cycle, passing through:
- Semen Assessment & preparation.
- Oocyte Handling
- ICSI procedure
- Embryo Biopsy for PGD
My aptitude to understand new methods & procedures of ART makes me eager to keep myself up to date with all the field’s changes & innovations. I am a fast learner with an eye on detail and pride myself as quite knowledgeable about the activities that that need to be taken into action while performing a full ICSI cycle.
MADINA FERTILITY CENTER April 2009 – Present
I had the privilege to be one of the first embryologists to use the IMSI procedure in Alexandria & Egypt.
I have also managed the design, set up and staff training of two satellite labs in Egypt.
My job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lab Andrology including: Semen Handling and assessment, Testicular identification and Preparation of sperm for ICSI.
- Responsible for Cryopreservation procedures & protocols
- Sperm Selection for ICSI using the micromanipulator.
- Oocyte Handling
- IMSI (Intracytoplasmic Morphologically selected Sperm Injection).
- MSOME (Motile Sperm Organelle Morphology Examination)
- ICSI procedure.
- LAH (Laser Assisted Hatching).
- Embryo Biopsy and fixation for PGD
- Handling Laboratory QC.
- Research and Development.
ELNAKHEEL HOSPITAL IVF LAB July 2008 – April 2009
I have gone through and practiced all ART procedures from Semen assessment & processing to PGD.
Some of my responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Semen Handling and Analysis, Testicular identification, Preparation of sperm for IVF and ICSI. Sperm cryopreservation and thawing. Vitrification technique.
- Oocyte Handling starting from Identification reaching ICSI procedure whether utilizing ejaculate Spermatozoa or testicular spermatozoa.
- ICSI procedure.
- Assessment of fertilization, Assessment of Cleavage, Blastocyst grading, Embryo Culture.
- Laser Assisted Hatching.
- (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis) PGD.
- the scientific program of the 25th Annual Meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), held at the "Amsterdam RAI" in Amsterdam, the Netherlands from 29 June to 1 July 2009.
- 1st International Workshop on Bio informatics. March 2008.At The Suzanne Mubarak Regional Centre for Women’s Health and Development Field of study: Reading, Analyzing and Interpreting DNA codons database.
- Participated in the 11th Annual Workshop for Assisted Reproduction held at The International Fertility Center. Alexandria.2006
- EM Course Electron Microscope Unit Alexandria University July 2007. Field of study: Preparing samples for operating on Transition Electron microscope, Scanning Electron microscope & X-Ray microanalysis system.
- Egyptian Syndicate of Scientific Professions Course March 2007. Field of study: Complete course on The Scientific & Laboratory Applications in the field of Medical Analysis.
- A scholarship from the British council to study the biodiversity in the protectorate of Saint Katherine in cooperation with British students.
Post Graduate Studies:
Degree: MSc. Clinical Embryology
Organization: School of Medicine, University of Leeds, UK
Date of Completion: 2012
Degree: Bachelors Degree
Faculty: Faculty of Science
Specialization: Biological Science, Zoology and Chemistry
Graduation Project: Polymer uses in Artificial Muscles. Grade: Distinction*
University: Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
Year of Graduation: 2008
Certificate: General Secondary
School: Victoria College, Alexandria, Egypt
Year of Graduation: 2004
Date of Birth: January, 5th 1988
Marital Status: Single
Military Service: Exempted
Driving License: Egyptian, Valid, Clean
Date of Resume: February 2013
|Interests and Hobbies:
Sports (Tennis, ping-pong & Rugby)
English Language: TOEFL (iBT) Certified.
"An embryologist should be patient, alert, calm, tolerable to pressure, always updating his knowledge and paying great attention to details. Because ART is all about details, and it is like a jigsaw puzzle, you have to do your best and work hard to fit all pieces in their right places. Also, monitoring KPIs is crucial to obtain the best results, and to locate the problem if there is any"
Latest Worldwide IVF Jobs