I wish to inform that the Department of Animal Biotechnology, Madras Veterinary College, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University,(TANUVAS) Chennai-7,India. is organizing a National level training programme on “In-Vitro fertilization and Embryo Co-Culture” for one month period from August 2009.
This training programme is designed to cover brief theoretical aspects with extensive hands-on training on the following topics on animal model.
- Collection, Screening and selection of oocytes
- In-Vitro maturation (IVM)
- Semen collection and analysis
- Sperm processing
- In-Vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Preparation and maintenance of oviduct epithelial cells, cumulus cells etc., for embryo co-culture.
- In-Vitro culture of Embryos (IVC)
- Department lab rotation to understand advanced reproductive techniques in the filed of Reproductive Biology. (CASA, Hamster bioassay, Animal Cell Culture. PGD)
The training course fee will be intimated selected candidates. Number of candidates is 20 every year for national level course.
Selected candidates accommodation will be provided in University gust house and University hostel.
More details please contact :
Professor and Head
Dept. of Animal Biotechnology
Madras Veterinary College, Chennai - 600 007
Fax : +91-44-25369301 ( Please send details in Name, Address, work experience in the field of embryology or any other experience in the related reproductive biology field, if you are working person forward through your Department Head or Center Head, Selected candidates will be intimated )
Teaching/ Research staff working in Veterinary / Medical colleges / Institutions /Field Veterinarians and those who are engaged in similar type of Research are eligible to attend the training program