We recently treated a patient who had a history of Fragile Eggs. In all her cycles most of the Eggs Degenerate after ICSI and has a very low fertilisation rate.
So her Cycle in our Clinic wasn't different. we got 10 Eggs for her.
We incubated the Eggs post ovum pick up for 4 hours, as sometimes the fragility of the eggs is due to cytoplasmic immaturity and long Incubation of OCCs helps in most of such cases.
While performing ICSI, these are the things that i observed.
1) 8 of the eggs were Mii and 2 eggs were mi
2) Almost all eggs had soft membrane and the Injection Needle was going in very easily. Hence i was very careful while aspirating the cytoplasm. Made sure that i aspirated very little cytoplasm, as aspirating the cytoplasm aggressively leads to killing the egg.
3) There was no immediate degeneration. But when i checked the Eggs after ICSI, 6 of them had degenerated.
4) Only 3 Eggs fertilised, when i checked the Next day.
5) Day 2 Gradings were 2x 3-cell grade B, 1x 3-Cell grade C
What is the Right approach, while handling such Eggs
Since the memrane was Soft, Should we not aspirate the cytoplasm at all ?
But by doing that we may end up with lot of failed fertilisation
Please share your Experience.
[Respond to this question]